Located midway between Springfield and Decatur just off of I-72, Illiopolis is known as “the original center of it all”.
The village, like most other small towns, has gone through many changes over the years. It has been the home of the Sangamon Ordnance Plant, Borden Chemical, Formosa Plastics, DeKalb, Monsanto, and many small businesses. Illiopolis is fortunate to have established a progressive village board which is dedicated to growth, prosperity and diversity in its community.
The Village has numerous location assets for potential business prospects to consider:
* Municipal-owned wells with significant excess water capacity;
* Municipal-owned waste water treatment plant with excess capacity;
* Gas and Electric Supplier: Ameren Illinois
* Opportunity for rail-served sites with the presence of Norfolk Southern Railroad, one of
North America’s larger Class I railroads and a major transporter of coal and
* A labor market with qualified and specialized labor available in proximity to
Springfield, Decatur; Lincoln, Taylorville.
* Top-rated universities, community colleges and vocational schools to provide education and
training resources for job readiness, including manufacturing;
* 20 miles from the Midwest Inland Port, a multi-modal hub located in Decatur, Illinois, with access to
5 major roadways, 3 class I railroads, intermodal ramp, truck and motor carriers and Airport with
Foreign Trade Zone.